Monday, August 1, 2011

Preparation


In 12 days, I will leave for Kenya. It will take me approximately 25 hours to travel from Fresno to Nairobi, and the time difference is 10 hours. I will spend 4 weeks (28 days) volunteering with African Impact on their projects related to medicine & health. I am so excited. I am ready to go forth on the adventure God has set out before me. I know it will not always be easy. In fact, I expect there to be times when I am completely broken by the things I see. Yet where there is pain and suffering, there is opportunity for healing, for God to come in and restore hearts and lives.

I will be the first person to tell you that you don't have to travel half-way around the world to find brokenness. I see it every day I go to work. I see it in the hospitals where I do practicum. I see it in myself. Yet God has called all of us to bring forth light and hope in different places. His still, soft voice has called me back to Kenya. For 4 weeks, I will serve with my hands and feet, offering nothing more than a physical presence that I beg the Lord to speak and shine through.

God does not call the equipped, but he equips those He calls.

Lord prepare my heart. Draw me close to you. Here I am, my hands, my feet, my ears, my eyes, my mouth..it's yours Father. Use it to bless your people. May I bring forth love and hope that comes only from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment