Monday, April 18, 2011

Provision

I am currently overwhelmed by the Lord's provision in my life, no matter how many times I doubt or worry or live in fear, the Lord continues to be so faithful. This morning I took a nursing exam and even though I did not necessarily study every possible hour this weekend or know every fact there was to know, I have peace knowing that I gave it a good go and reassurance that I did well, or at least well enough. I found out last night that our landlord will allow us to stay into June, which is a HUGE sigh of relief and weight off my shoulders. This past week has been rather stress-filled but I got to do a lot of things that I really wanted to do: volunteered at the food bank, attended a community event at PATH, went to the women's soccer game, bought too many books at the book sale, and had some awesome conversations with friends.

Honestly, when I look back on my college years, I am not going to remember the score I got on an exam or how many Americanos I bought to get me through the week or the intricate details of nursing theory. I am going to remember sitting watching a dear friend play soccer while having a heart-to-heart with another fellow nursing student in the stands. I will remember tucking in the kids at night and having them call out from their beds "hug Alyssa hug!" I will not remember how many hours I studied at Starbucks, but the faithful friends who were there with me, reminding me to stretch my legs, drink some water, and take a break every now and again. That is life. That is living. And I want to live.

And last but definitely not least, I got an email today that left me speechless with gratitude. Sempermed, an exam glove manufacturer, said they would like to donate some gloves to the health clinic! I feel so touched that a big corporation would take the time to respond to a letter from a college student across the country. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment