Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lean Not

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

God speaks. A lot of times I am not a very good listener, but He speaks and He shows up. This has been a very challenging couple of months for me. Coming back from Kenya is one of the hardest things I have had to face. The "why" questions have plagued me for a long time. Why couldn't I just have stayed there? Why am I in school? Why do I stress over such small things? Why did I feel so at peace there, but cannot seem to find it here? I do not have a straightforward answer to any of those questions, but I know the Lord is preparing me for something big. Something where I will have to trust Him with my entire being and will not be able to lean on any of my own knowledge, ideas, control.

I was thinking yesterday about all the minor setbacks that seem to keep popping up. A few weeks ago, our electricity was out. A week ago my laptop essentially died and is not usable. Yesterday and throughout this quarter, I have run into some financial hardships. And although in each of these situations, MY reaction was to worry, to panic, to freak out. Yet now I can see the Lord's hand in it all. I can live without electricity. I can live without a constant connection to the internet and technology. God will provide when I know longer have adequate funds. Hmm...I wonder why I might need to begin to let all these things go...:) God has a good sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygoodness!! It all makes sense!! I love you sister. Isn't great to have this new perspective?!

    ReplyDelete